Utility company imposters rob Abington woman of $10K worth of jewelry, police say
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Abington police are looking for two suspects, posing as utility company employees, who robbed an elderly person of $10,000 worth of jewelry.
The incident was reported on November 14th on Mill Road in the Meadowbrook section of Abington Township. Police released sketches of the two suspects on Tuesday.
Police say the two men approached the victim claiming a neighbor had a flooded basement and wanted to check the victim's house.
Police say while one man talked to the victim, the other went through the house and stole the jewelry.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 50 to 55 years old with an olive complexion, 5'7, with a medium build and was wearing a blue hard hat, tan pants, and a tan coat.
The second male is described as a white male, 45 years old with an olive complexion, 5'8 with a medium build and was wearing blue pants and unknown color hooded sweatshirt. He also had thinning hair that was combed back.
Anyone with information is asked to call Abington police.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, robbery, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 29 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 53 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos