Utility company imposters rob Abington woman of $10K worth of jewelry, police say
ABINGTON TWP., Pa. - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Abington police are looking for two suspects, posing as utility company employees, who robbed an elderly person of $10,000 worth of jewelry.
The incident was reported on November 14th on Mill Road in the Meadowbrook section of Abington Township. Police released sketches of the two suspects on Tuesday.
Police say the two men approached the victim claiming a neighbor had a flooded basement and wanted to check the victim's house.
Police say while one man talked to the victim, the other went through the house and stole the jewelry.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 50 to 55 years old with an olive complexion, 5'7, with a medium build and was wearing a blue hard hat, tan pants, and a tan coat.
The second male is described as a white male, 45 years old with an olive complexion, 5'8 with a medium build and was wearing blue pants and unknown color hooded sweatshirt. He also had thinning hair that was combed back.
Anyone with information is asked to call Abington police.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 14 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
16 min ago