Pedestrian seriously hurt in Wilmington hit-and-run accident
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are looking for the driver of a car that hit a pedestrian and left the scene.
It happened about 11:00 a.m. Tuesday North Orange Street. Police say 61-year-old John Weaver of Wilmington was crossing in the middle of the street when a black, four-door Honda sedan hit him.
Officers say the car continued north on Orange Street and ran a red light.
Weaver was taken to Christiana Hospital in serious condition.
delaware news, wilmington news, pedestrian struck, accident, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 41 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 51 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more