Fire breaks out at Germantown church
GERMANTOWN - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Fire Department has been called to a church fire in Germantown.
The fire broke out around 9:00 p.m. Tuesday at Victory Community Church, formerly St. Francis of Assisi, on the 4800 block of Greene Street.
Officials say Victory Community Church is leasing the building from the Archdiocese.
Neighbors tell Action News there have been a lot of break-ins in the building lately.
The fire was place under control around 10:20 p.m.
No injuries have been reported.
philadelphia news, germantown news, fire, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 43 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 59 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos