Man shot after opening door in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot after opening his door in Wilmington, Delaware early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened around midnight on the 700 block of East 5th Street.
A man was answering a knock at the door when someone opened fire, police say.
The suspect fled the scene after the shooting. The victim was shot in the groin and rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
No word on who shot him or why.
Police are investigating.
shooting, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos