Man shot after opening door in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - November 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was shot after opening his door in Wilmington, Delaware early Wednesday morning.
The incident happened around midnight on the 700 block of East 5th Street.
A man was answering a knock at the door when someone opened fire, police say.
The suspect fled the scene after the shooting. The victim was shot in the groin and rushed to the hospital in serious condition.
No word on who shot him or why.
Police are investigating.
shooting, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police