Man robs Philadelphia cell phone store twice
PHILADELPHIA - November 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking the public to take a good look at video of two robberies at the same Metro PCS store. Investigators are hoping someone recognizes the suspect so that police can get him off the street.
It was 5:00 p.m. on November 16th when the suspect entered the Metro PCS store located at 4099 Lancaster Avenue armed with a handgun and demanded money. After an employee handed over some cash, the suspect fled the store and was last seen west on Lancaster Avenue.
Then at 6:22 p.m. on November 22nd, the same suspect returned to the store, again armed with a handgun demanding money.
After taking a money from the cash register the suspect pointed the gun at a customer demanding money. The customer surrendered what money they had, and that's when the suspect fled the area.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 25-years-old, 5'7", 160 pounds, with a dark complexion. In the first incident he was wearing a black jacket with a red hooded sweatshirt underneath, and a black and yellow scarf. During the second robbery he wore a dark colored zip up hooded sweatshirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, robbery, philadelphia police, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 14 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police