3 Burlington County bank robberies could be connected
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - November 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating three bank robberies in Burlington County that could be connected.
Investigators say the robberies may have been committed by the same person or by people who are working together.
The most recent robbery happened in Willingboro at 5:54 p.m. on November 15th.
Police say the suspect entered the TD Bank at 13 Levitt Parkway and gave a teller a demand note. The suspect was described as a black male between 5'10" and 6 feet tall, wearing a white t-shirt, black sweatpants and white sneakers.
A photo of the suspect released by police was taken from this robbery.
The other robberies both happened on November 8th.
At 5:20 p.m. the Roma Bank at 80 Hartford Road in Delran was robbed by a man with a demand note. The suspect in this case was described as a black male between 5'10" and 6 feet tall with a light complexion and freckles on his face and nose. He was wearing a fitted flat brimmed baseball hat with a purple logo and a black jacket.
Then, at 6:30 p.m., the Beneficial Bank at 3220 Route 38 in Mount Laurel was also robbed, this time by a man who was holding a gun. In this case, the suspect was described as a man with a light complexion and a Hispanic accent.
These cases are being investigated by the Delran Police Department, the Mount Laurel Police Department, the Willingboro Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Roma Bank and the FBI have posted a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Anyone with information that may be useful to this investigation is asked to call Burlington County Central Communications at (609) 267-8300.
new jersey news, burlington county news, bank robbery, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 57 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 27 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
57 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos