Partial power outage ends at Christiana Mall
CHRISTIANA, Del. - November 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- For a time, Black Friday turned into Blackout Friday for some shoppers.
According to security Action News spoke with, power went out in parts of the Christiana Mall in Delaware shortly after 9:45 a.m. Photographers on the scene reported that the power started coming back on roughly 1 hour later.
A round of applause could be heard through the shopping center, as the lights that had been darkened in stores and the food court started coming back on.
Action News viewers were sending us pictures still in the mall, while some of the stores were darkened.
People at the mall we corresponded with online reported that the stores they spotted without power were not letting shoppers in, however mall security told Action News it was up to each individual business whether or not to remain open.
There is no word yet just how many stores were affected.
delaware news, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 20 min ago
- Windy and cold today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 6 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 11 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
1 min ago