Partial power outage ends at Christiana Mall
CHRISTIANA, Del. - November 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- For a time, Black Friday turned into Blackout Friday for some shoppers.
According to security Action News spoke with, power went out in parts of the Christiana Mall in Delaware shortly after 9:45 a.m. Photographers on the scene reported that the power started coming back on roughly 1 hour later.
A round of applause could be heard through the shopping center, as the lights that had been darkened in stores and the food court started coming back on.
Action News viewers were sending us pictures still in the mall, while some of the stores were darkened.
People at the mall we corresponded with online reported that the stores they spotted without power were not letting shoppers in, however mall security told Action News it was up to each individual business whether or not to remain open.
There is no word yet just how many stores were affected.
delaware news, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 21 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 3 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
21 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
3 min ago