Man critical after Mantua shooting
MANTUA - December 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating an overnight shooting in Mantua that has left a man critically injured.
The shooting happened shortly before midnight Sunday near the intersection of North 39th and Mt. Vernon streets.
Upon arrival, officers located the 25-year-old male victim suffering from gunshot wounds to his upper neck and back lying in the grass to a vacant lot.
The officers placed the male in their vehicle and transported him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he is listed in critical but stable condition.
There is no description of the shooter at this time.
philadelphia news, mantua news, shooting, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 36 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 5 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 48 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 2 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 9 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 15 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 4 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
48 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos