Man dies in double shooting in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has died after a double shooting in North Philadelphia early Monday morning.
The shooting happened around 2:00 a.m. in the area of 2nd and Somerset streets.
Two males were shot on the street.
One victim, a 30-year-old was shot twice in the chest and a 31-year-old was struck in the leg.
Action News has learned that the man shot in the chest was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The other victim was shot four times in the leg and taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are investigating the incident.
The victims' names have not been released.
homicide, shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated 38 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
27 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
51 min ago