2 women shot sitting on porch in Wilmington
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two women were shot while sitting on a porch in Wilmington, Delaware Monday night.
The incident happened around 10:00 p.m. on the 600 block of West 6th Street.
Two women were sitting on the porch when two suspects opened fire on one another.
According to police, the women were wounded during the crossfire.
A 29-year-old woman was shot in the thigh and a 47-year-old woman was shot in the backside.
Both were taken to Christiana Hospital and are listed in stable condition.
One of the suspects is described as a black male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt.
He got into a silver two door sedan and fled the scene.
Police are searching for the suspects.
The shooting may have been the final straw for Mayor Dennis Williams.
Williams said Tuesday he is considering shaking up the leadership of the police department.
He appointed the chief, Christine Dunning, and two inspectors upon taking office 11 months ago.
Wilmington has recorded 19 homicides and 119 shootings so far in 2013.
shooting, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 4 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 53 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos