Man shot in head while lying in bed in North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot in the head while lying in bed in North Philadelphia early Wednesday morning, police say.
The shooting occurred just before 3:30 a.m. inside an apartment on the 700 block of West Huntingdon Street.
The victim was lying in bed in the first floor bedroom of his home when he was shot.
He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition with a bullet wound to the head.
. So far, there have been no arrests or word on a motive.
Police are trying to determine if the intruder knew the victim.
The victim has not been identified.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1