Man shot in head while lying in bed in North Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was shot in the head while lying in bed in North Philadelphia early Wednesday morning, police say.
The shooting occurred just before 3:30 a.m. inside an apartment on the 700 block of West Huntingdon Street.
The victim was lying in bed in the first floor bedroom of his home when he was shot.
He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition with a bullet wound to the head.
. So far, there have been no arrests or word on a motive.
Police are trying to determine if the intruder knew the victim.
The victim has not been identified.
shooting, north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 48 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run 56 min ago
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 18 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 19 min ago
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 8 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 12 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
28 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and...
56 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
49 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
43 min ago