Vicious attack in Center City caught on camera
PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two suspects who beat and robbed a man on a narrow street in Center City.
It was 2:00 a.m. on November 10, 2013 when the 36-year-old victim was approached by a man on the 200 block of South Camac Street. Cameras were rolling as the man engaged the victim in conversation as they continued to walk down the street.
A second man, who was carrying a flashlight, then approached the victim from behind and punched him in the head and fled.
The blow rendered the victim unconscious, but that didn't stop the assault. The first suspect then jumped on top of the victim, punching him repeatedly in the face.
After taking the victim's wallet, cell phone and gold with diamond necklace, the suspect fled down the street.
The suspect who inflicted the initial blow is described as a white male, wearing a red, white and blue coat, dark colored pants and shoes. The second suspect is described as a white male, short hair, wearing glasses, dark colored dress coat, blue jeans and brown shoes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, center city news, beating, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man