Vicious attack in Center City caught on camera
PHILADELPHIA - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the two suspects who beat and robbed a man on a narrow street in Center City.
It was 2:00 a.m. on November 10, 2013 when the 36-year-old victim was approached by a man on the 200 block of South Camac Street. Cameras were rolling as the man engaged the victim in conversation as they continued to walk down the street.
A second man, who was carrying a flashlight, then approached the victim from behind and punched him in the head and fled.
The blow rendered the victim unconscious, but that didn't stop the assault. The first suspect then jumped on top of the victim, punching him repeatedly in the face.
After taking the victim's wallet, cell phone and gold with diamond necklace, the suspect fled down the street.
The suspect who inflicted the initial blow is described as a white male, wearing a red, white and blue coat, dark colored pants and shoes. The second suspect is described as a white male, short hair, wearing glasses, dark colored dress coat, blue jeans and brown shoes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia news, center city news, beating, robbery, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 19 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos