Police investigate Wilmington home invasion
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a home invasion that happened in Wilmington, Delaware Sunday night.
The incident happened just before 10:30 p.m. in the unit block of Ridgeland Road in the Lynnfield community.
Officers arrived to find a 22-year-old man had been allegedly assaulted during a break-in.
The victim told police, the suspects were armed with handguns when entering his home.
They demanded his property then beat him and fled the scene.
Police say the suspects may have left the area in a light colored sedan with tinted windows.
The victim was able to assist police with putting together a composite sketch of the female involved.
She was described as having a "very light" skinned complexion, between 5'08 and 5'10" tall, weighing 130 to 150lbs, with a medium build and wearing a light colored hoodie.
The victim said, she has a small gap in between her front teeth.
There were two male suspects, one was armed with a handgun and had his face hidden.
The other suspect's description is unknown.
Anyone with information is asked to call the New Castle County Police Department.
home invasion, wilmington news, delaware news, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 39 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
1 min ago