Duo caught on camera stealing Christmas decoration
PHILADELPHIA - December 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Several Christmas decorations were stolen from a South Philadelphia home last week. But unbeknownst to the suspects, the crime was committed directly in front of a surveillance camera.
It was 2:15 a.m. last Tuesday, when the camera captured a woman approaching Josephine Michetti's home on the 1100 block of Fitzgerald Street. She rummaged through the decorations, securing a plastic Santa figure before walking away.
An hour later the woman returned, this time in the company of a man. The duo proceeded to take another Santa from the home before fleeing the scene.
But before they leave, the woman straightens up one of the Christmas trees she had knocked over during her first visit.
"It takes me days and days to do this. I do everything myself. I make everything, the lollipops, the candies. It's a lot of work. It was like two days later, things are gone," Joseph said.
The woman is described as having dark hair, wearing a white hooded coat and dark colored pants.
The male suspect is described as having dark hair, wearing a dark colored hooded jacket.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
south philadelphia news, philadelphia news, theft, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police