2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expressway crash
PHILADELPHIA- December 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two women were hospitalized after a crash on the Schuylkill Expressway early Friday morning, police say.
The accident happened just before 2:00 a.m. on the eastbound lanes at Montgomery Drive exit in the city's Fairmount Park section.
According to police, a driver lost control and rolled over onto its roof.
They say two 21-year-old women were trapped in the vehicle and had to be rescued.
Both were taken to Hahnemann Hospital in serious but stable condition.
The crash is under investigation.
philadelphia news, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 23 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 11 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
3 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
23 min ago