Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh, Pennsylvania
WHITEMARSH TWP., Pa. - December 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say one person was injured after a mattress caught on fire in a townhouse in Whitemarsh, Pennsylvania early Friday morning.
The fire broke out just past 3:30 a.m. on the unit block of Maple Drive.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing from a second floor bedroom.
They say a mattress caught on fire and one person was injured.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital.
So far, no word on their condition.
The fire was placed under control within an hour.
Investigators are working to determine why the mattress went up in flames.
fire, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs