Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
KING OF PRUSSIA - December 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- From the same people who brought you Batkid in San Francisco, the Make-A-Wish Foundation provided quite a day of shopping and pampering for two young girls today in King of Prussia.
Elkins Park sisters Khalia and Brielle Jefferson know how to make an entrance. The girls, ages 12 and 4, arrived to The King of Prussia Mall in style, topped with tiaras fresh off their first ride in a limousine.
12-year-old Khalia tells us, "Me and Brielle couldn't sit down. We was just running around. We were like, wow."
This was a day of pampering for the pair - a wish come true from the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Khalia has Sickle Cell. Brielle has a congenital heart defect and has had numerous heart surgeries. Both have life threatening conditions that mean frequent trips to the hospital.
"Sometimes, like, my friends don't understand what it's like. It's kind of hard to explain to them," Khalia said.
Also hard to explain, that today is more than just a treat.
Dennis Heron from Make-A-Wish explains, "It is giving the children some hope, some strength, something tangible to hang on to."
When Khalia and Brielle learned they would be treated to a shopping spree, they counted the days. This was originally scheduled for August, but health issues pushed the date back.
"I could barely go to sleep last night," Khalia said. "When I did I had dreams about it."
Chi Omega Sorority sisters from Villanova helped cheer on the girls as they got the star treatment. Their names were even put on the dressing room doors like the stars that they are. This isn't a day they're going to forget any time soon.
The girls' father, Calvin Jefferson, tells us, "Everybody that came and supported this moment, I'd like to thank them."
king of prussia news, montgomery county news, pennsylvania news, philadelphia news, charity, local/state, katherine scott
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes 17 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police