Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
HAVERTOWN, Pa. - December 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Mega Millions jackpot is the biggest it's been in two years. $297-million is up for grabs... and you only have few hours left to buy a ticket.
The numbers drawn Friday night are: 64-11-44-63-29 Mega Ball - 3
On a dreary rainy Friday, the bright spot was dropping a dollar or two or more on a dream by buying a ticket for the sky-high drawing.
For years Mega Millions was often in the shadow of the Powerball franchise. In October it reconfigured its odds, allowing for increased minimum jackpots. Odds for a small prize are now 1 in 40, to hit the big prize the odds are an estimated 1 in 176-million.
So why does Rene Boyle play?
"I don't know. Because I'm crazy. I never win, so why bother?"
But hope springs eternal, and what would she do with $297-million?
"I wouldn't keep too much of that myself. I would give it away to many people," Rene said. "I would start with my own family, I would start with a charity, I would start with the poor people. Whoever I could give to. I don't need that much money."
Whoever wins will have to choose between an annuity and a lump sum payment. The lump sum for the $297-million would be $139-million.
delaware county news, pennsylvania news, mega millions, lottery, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 5 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 5 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 2 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
5 min ago