Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
TIOGA NICETOWN - December 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- SEPTA's Express service along the Broad Street Line was suspended briefly when a person became stuck beneath a train.
It happened around 5:40 p.m. Friday on the northbound tracks near Wyoming Avenue.
All service between the Erie and Fern Rock stops was affected, but has since been restored.
The victim, described as a man in his 30's, was transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center. Details pertaining to his injuries have not been released, but officials do say that he is expected to survive.
It is not clear how the man became stuck under the train car.
philadelphia news, tioga news, nicetown news, SEPTA, local/state
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 17 min ago
- Windy and cold today 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 21 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 49 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 10 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 17 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 59 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
59 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
49 min ago