4 shot outside Delaware club after Meek Mill performance
CRANSTON HEIGHTS, Del. - December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people were injured in an overnight shooting outside of a Delaware nightclub.
Police say the shooting happened at the Moodswing Niteclub in the 3400 block of Kirkwood Highway in Cranston Heights in New Castle County just before 2:00 a.m.
Delaware State Police tell Action News that Philadelphia rapper Meek Mill had just finished performing inside when a fight broke out in the parking lot.
Police believe multiple gunmen fired into the crowd striking three men in their 20s and a woman in her 30s.
They were taken to Christiana Hospital for treatment with non-life threatening injuries.
State police spokesman Sgt. Paul Shavack says that when troopers arrived, about 600 to 700 people were in the parking lot trying to get away from the shooting. At least five vehicles in the parking lot were damaged by the gunfire.
Officials say police had been called to the same nightclub for a disturbance earlier that night.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Major Crimes Unit 2 at 302-834-2630.
shooting, new castle county news, delaware news, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 54 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 36 min ago
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
54 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
36 min ago