Delaware police arrest 2 men in residential burglary
MILLSBORO, Del. - December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police have arrested two suspects wanted for a string of burglaries in the Millsboro and Long Neck areas.
Police say two neighbors reported a burglary in progress in the 62000 block of Bay Farm Road around 11:30 a.m. Friday.
Responding Troopers found 31-year-old Dale Parker of Elkton, Maryland, standing in the rear door of the residence holding a stick he had used as a pry tool.
Acting on a tip, Troopers discovered a second burglar, 38-year-old Alex Sczcytkowski, of Millsboro, Delaware in a nearby parking lot.
Police say the suspects had stolen jewelry from the residents, and believe they may be involved in at least 12 other burglaries dating back to September.
Parker has been charged with one count of burglary and related offenses. He is being held on $10,000 secured bail.
Sczcytkowski has been charged with 13 counts of burglary and related offenses, and is being held on $36,000 secured bail.
burglary, delaware news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases