Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a pedestrian was struck and killed while crossing Broad Street in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:40 Saturday morning on the 2700 block of North Broad Street.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 50s, was struck by a vehicle travelling northbound.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle did stop at the scene.
The area near the accident was closed as officers investigated and cleared the scene.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ