Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a pedestrian was struck and killed while crossing Broad Street in North Philadelphia.
It happened around 11:40 Saturday morning on the 2700 block of North Broad Street.
Authorities say the victim, a man in his 50s, was struck by a vehicle travelling northbound.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle did stop at the scene.
The area near the accident was closed as officers investigated and cleared the scene.
philadelphia news, north philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 32 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 52 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom