Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95; driver charged
FISHTOWN - December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a driver after he struck and killed a man dressed in a Santa suit on I-95 in Philadelphia.
The accident happened around 10:25 p.m. Saturday along I-95 southbound at I-676.
The victim, 24-year-old Adam Herr of Lebanon, Pa., was rushed by police to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say 27-year-old Augustine Bangura was driving on a suspended license.
After failing to successfully complete a series of standardized field sobriety tests, troopers placed Bangura under arrest for DUI and Homicide by Motor Vehicle.
philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police