Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95; driver charged
FISHTOWN - December 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have charged a driver after he struck and killed a man dressed in a Santa suit on I-95 in Philadelphia.
The accident happened around 10:25 p.m. Saturday along I-95 southbound at I-676.
The victim, 24-year-old Adam Herr of Lebanon, Pa., was rushed by police to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say 27-year-old Augustine Bangura was driving on a suspended license.
After failing to successfully complete a series of standardized field sobriety tests, troopers placed Bangura under arrest for DUI and Homicide by Motor Vehicle.
philadelphia news, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 21 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 30 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 48 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos