Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
PHILADELPHIA - December 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 19-year-old Philadelphia woman has been charged with stabbing her cousin to death during an argument.
It happened at 11:50 p.m. Saturday at a home in the 1100 block of West Rockland Street.
Officers arrived to find Daneeka Snipe, 19, stabbed once in the neck.
Medics rushed her to Albert Einstein Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
Police say 19-year-old Shaliyah Snipe, a cousin of the victim from the 4600 block of Leiper Street, turned herself to homicide detectives the next day.
She has been charged with murder and possessing an instrument of crime.
philadelphia news, stabbing, homicide, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 26 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos