Teen shot and killed in Wilmington identified
WILMINGTON - December 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified a teenager shot and killed Monday night in Wilmington.
Police responded at approximately 6:07 p.m. to reports of gunfire at a home in the 2600 block of North Van Buren Street.
Inside, they found 17-year-old Lamar Wilmer of Wilmington. He had been shot several times.
Police administered first aid and CPR.
Medics rushed the victim by ambulance to Christiana Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
There was no immediate word on suspects or a motive.
Police said this is the city's 20th homicide investigation of 2013.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 41 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 8 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 6 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 7 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
41 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
25 min ago