Teen shot and killed in Wilmington identified
WILMINGTON - December 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified a teenager shot and killed Monday night in Wilmington.
Police responded at approximately 6:07 p.m. to reports of gunfire at a home in the 2600 block of North Van Buren Street.
Inside, they found 17-year-old Lamar Wilmer of Wilmington. He had been shot several times.
Police administered first aid and CPR.
Medics rushed the victim by ambulance to Christiana Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
There was no immediate word on suspects or a motive.
Police said this is the city's 20th homicide investigation of 2013.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
delaware news, wilmington news, shooting, local/state
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 2 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 21 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos