Woman stabbed to death in Germantown was Villanova professor
GERMANTOWN - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has confirmed the identity of a woman found stabbed to death in her Germantown apartment on Monday.
69-year-old Carol Ambruster was an assistant professor of astronomy and astrophysics at Villanova University.
Police were called to the 5500 block of Wayne Avenue around 9:00 p.m. Monday.
They found Ambruster's body inside her second floor apartment.
She had been stabbed multiple times in the chest and neck. Medics pronounced her dead at the scene.
Police say Ambruster's male roommate called them after finding her body.
Detectives questioned him. They say they have no suspects in the killing.
"The door to her apartment, which is a heavy wooden door, does not appear to have been forced open," Chief Inspector Scott Small told Action News.
The murder weapon was found inside the apartment.
Police said there appeared to be surveillance cameras in the building and were hoping video would help lead to a suspect.
philadelphia news, germantown news, stabbing, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 44 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 56 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos