Cops: Ski-masked Pa. robber ID'd by safety goggles
READING, Pa. - December 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- An eastern Pennsylvania man is charged with a convenience store robbery and authorities say his eyewear gave him away.
Twenty-six-year-old Anthony Raimo is being held in Berks County Prison after an arraignment Monday.
Police say he was caught on surveillance video in an Oct. 10 armed robbery of Redner's Quick Shoppe in Ruscombmanor Township that netted $77.
The robber was wearing a ski mask but investigators determined his glasses were Deka safety goggles issued by East Penn Manufacturing Co., where Raimo worked.
Authorities made the arrest after comparing surveillance images from the robbery to photographs of Raimo.
He is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail on charges of robbery, possessing of an instrument of crime, making terroristic threats, simple assault and receiving stolen property.
pennsylvania news, robbery, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 55 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 18 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos