Police search for armed bank robber in Chestnut Hill
CHESTNUT HILL - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for an armed bank robber who held up a TD Bank in Chestnut Hill during a busy shopping night.
Authorities say it happened just after 7:00 p.m. in the 8600 block of Germantown Avenue during "Stage and Doe Night", an annual promotion where stores stay open late for holiday shopping.
The man pointed a gun at the teller and demanded cash before fleeing on foot with an undetermined amount of cash.
Police say he was last seen running east on Evergreen from Germantown Avenue. He is described as a tall black man in his 40's carrying a duffle bag.
Authorities are hoping surveillance video will help them with the investigation.
They are asking anyone with information to contact police.
bank robbery, chestnut hill, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids