Police search for armed bank robber in Chestnut Hill
CHESTNUT HILL - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are searching for an armed bank robber who held up a TD Bank in Chestnut Hill during a busy shopping night.
Authorities say it happened just after 7:00 p.m. in the 8600 block of Germantown Avenue during "Stage and Doe Night", an annual promotion where stores stay open late for holiday shopping.
The man pointed a gun at the teller and demanded cash before fleeing on foot with an undetermined amount of cash.
Police say he was last seen running east on Evergreen from Germantown Avenue. He is described as a tall black man in his 40's carrying a duffle bag.
Authorities are hoping surveillance video will help them with the investigation.
They are asking anyone with information to contact police.
bank robbery, chestnut hill, philadelphia news, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 45 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 25 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 17 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply