Restaurants on, near South Street damaged, burglarized
PHILADELPHIA - December 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to catch a burglar they believe may be targeting restaurants in Center City and on South Street.
Business owners say they are tired of the break-ins and the vandalism.
Police released surveillance video of the suspect smashing a brick through the side window at Omega Pizza on 22nd and South. He hops through the window, makes his way to the cash register, steals some quarters and then casually walks to the window and crawls out.
Down the street, the thief is suspected of smashing the front door at Honey's Sit N Eat, and went for the Point of Sale System after breaking in.
"Not a whole lot of damage," said Eric Courtweight. "Obviously the door cost a little bit to us. But mainly our concern is for the neighborhood. Same guy may have hit multiple places, but we don't know."
Police say he is suspected of at least a half dozen smash and grabs in the area including, D'Mitris, Gavins Café at 26th and Pine, Resurrection Ale House on Grays Ferry, and the Palm Tree Gourmet on 20th and Pine.
Investigators are still trying to positively link him to the crimes.
In many of the crimes, he got away with little or nothing.
"Hopefully he learns his lesson and gets caught. He didn't get anything from us; seems like a lot of trouble to get nothing," said Courtweight.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen anything in the area to contact police.
burglary, philadelphia news, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 4 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 33 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 32 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 30 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 29 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 36 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 27 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 40 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
37 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
4 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
33 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
40 min ago