$10K reward posted in Delaware County murder case
RADNOR, Pa. - December 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County have reopened a case that went cold two decades ago.
Now a grieving family is pleading for help catching the killer.
20 years later and the grief for Jennifer Tong's family is still painfully raw.
"I can't go another 20 years without knowing the truth," said a family member, who wished to remain anonymous.
On the morning of Saturday, June 26th, 1993, 34-year-old Jennifer Tong was taken from her home on Dorset Drive in Broomall. She was driven in her 1993 green Toyota Camry to the 100 block of South Spring Mill Road in Villanova. That's when she was shot and killed in the back seat of her own car.
Delaware County authorities just recently reopened Tong's case.
Sgt. Joseph Maguire of Radnor Township Police tells us, "We're looking at fingerprints again. We're trying to find some DNA evidence as well. DNA back at the time was at its infancy. A lot of strides have been made since then."
Witnesses say they saw 4 to 5 males at the victim's home around 6:30 that morning. They may have driven off in a faded brownish color vehicle, authorities were told possibly a Toyota Celica.
The family member tells us, "I have faith and I do feel confident that this time around we will get to the end of it."
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $10,000 reward for any information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS.
pennsylvania news, delaware county news, homicide, crimefighters, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos