Hatboro woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
HATBORO, Pa. - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County woman faces homicide charges after her boyfriend died after she allegedly gave him heroin.
The district attorney's office said Carly Stevenson, 26, of Hatboro, was arrested in connection with the death of 19-year-old Brandon Cron.
Back on September 29th, police say they were called to an apartment in the 100 block of North York Road for a report of an unresponsive person.
Stevenson allegedly told police that Cron, her boyfriend, had blue lips, was cold to the touch and was not breathing.
Medics said Cron was dead at the scene.
Investigators say Stevenson gave Cron the heroin the day before and, after he died, allegedly tried to get rid of the evidence.
That evidence, syringes and blue wax paper bags, were found in a trash can outside the apartment, police said.
Cron died from "an adverse reaction to heroin," according to investigators.
District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said Stevenson was arrested on Tuesday and was charged under the "Drug Delivery Resulting in Death" statute.
Stevenson faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted.
She is being held on $100,000 bail.
pennsylvania news, montgomery county news, drugs, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 16 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 51 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 48 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 27 min ago
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
4 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
16 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
51 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
15 min ago