Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
NEW CASTLE, Del. - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- One person, and a cat, were rescued from a fire in New Castle, Delaware on Wednesday.
The fire was reported around 10:30 a.m. in the 200 block of West 9th Street.
Firefighters say there was smoke coming out of the kitchen when they arrived.
A resident of the house suffered smoke inhalation.
So did a cat, which needed oxygen at the fire scene.
delaware news, new castle county news, fire, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 1 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad