Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - December 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- The ex-defense attorney for former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is now facing legal troubles himself.
The Centre Daily Times reports American Express Bank has sued State College attorney Joe Amendola, claiming he's failed to pay $25,485 for purchases and interest on a delinquent credit card account.
That amount is listed on a February statement attached to the Centre County lawsuit, which shows Amendola owes a minimum payment of $6,565.
Amendola tells The Associated Press he can't comment until he has a chance to review the lawsuit.
Amendola represented Sandusky when he was convicted and sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison last year for molesting several boys. Amendola was Sandusky's attorney until an appeal hearing in January, when he testified claiming he didn't have enough time to prepare Sandusky's case.
Information from: Centre Daily Times, http://www.centredaily.com
pennsylvania news, jerry sandusky, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 6 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 8 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos