Rider University student thought missing found safe
LAWRENCE TWP., N.J. - December 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- New Jersey State Police say an 18-year-old Rider University student who was thought to have gone missing has been found safe.
Police say Sahbrene Elmahalawy was located Friday afternoon and was not endangered. Elmahalawy was reported missing earlier in the day after her parents told police they had last seen her when they dropped her off at Rider University in Lawrence Township.
New Jersey State Police tweeted out the following statement after announcing Elmahalawy was located:
The Lawrence Township Police Department and the New Jersey State Police Missing Persons Unit thanks you for your assistance regarding the missing Rider University student Sahbrene Elmahalawy.
No other information has been provided.
missing person, students, college, new jersey news, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 45 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014