Pa. guard charged with female inmate sex assault
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A prison corrections officer in suburban Philadelphia is accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Bucks County Courier Times (http://bit.ly/Jo979Z) said 31-year-old Brendan Triplett of Souderton was arrested Friday on charges of institutional sexual assault, a felony, and two counts of intimidation of a witness or victim.
Police say prison officials notified authorities last month that a female inmate complained that Triplett had sexual contact with her at the jail in Doylestown and told the woman not to tell anyone.
Investigators said another female inmate told them she witnessed the alleged assault.
Triplett is being held on $750,000 bail. His attorney, Nino Tinari, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.
A corrections department official declined to comment.
sex assault, doylestown, pennsylvania news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 24 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 23 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 47 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 25 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
21 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
23 min ago