Pa. guard charged with female inmate sex assault
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A prison corrections officer in suburban Philadelphia is accused of sexually assaulting a female inmate.
The Bucks County Courier Times (http://bit.ly/Jo979Z) said 31-year-old Brendan Triplett of Souderton was arrested Friday on charges of institutional sexual assault, a felony, and two counts of intimidation of a witness or victim.
Police say prison officials notified authorities last month that a female inmate complained that Triplett had sexual contact with her at the jail in Doylestown and told the woman not to tell anyone.
Investigators said another female inmate told them she witnessed the alleged assault.
Triplett is being held on $750,000 bail. His attorney, Nino Tinari, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.
A corrections department official declined to comment.
sex assault, doylestown, pennsylvania news, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 1 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 35 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
1 min ago