Pedestrian struck in overnight accident in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning accident that left a pedestrian in critical condition Saturday.
Philadelphia police say a driver of a Chevrolet Malibu hit a man in his 20's as he was crossing the street at 16th and Chestnut around 12:30 a.m.
He was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Police say the driver is cooperating. There is no word on whether charges will be filed.
The accident remains under investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos