Pedestrian struck in overnight accident in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - December 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an early morning accident that left a pedestrian in critical condition Saturday.
Philadelphia police say a driver of a Chevrolet Malibu hit a man in his 20's as he was crossing the street at 16th and Chestnut around 12:30 a.m.
He was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Police say the driver is cooperating. There is no word on whether charges will be filed.
The accident remains under investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, philadelphia news, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 2 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
2 min ago