Camden man dies after attempted robbery
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Camden man has died from the injuries he suffered during a robbery attempt.
It happened around 2:50 Saturday morning near the intersection of Broadway and Atlantic avenues in Camden.
The victim, 57-year-old Timothy Appling, was found lying on the roadway suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was taken to Cooper University Hospital where he died from his injuries around 8:55 a.m.
An autopsy will be conducted Sunday to determine Appling's cause of death.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Detective Lance Saunders at (856) 225-8513 or Camden Police Detective Luis Sanchez at (856) 757-7420.
new jersey news, camden county news, camden news, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 55 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
57 min ago