Camden man dies after attempted robbery
CAMDEN, N.J. - December 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Camden man has died from the injuries he suffered during a robbery attempt.
It happened around 2:50 Saturday morning near the intersection of Broadway and Atlantic avenues in Camden.
The victim, 57-year-old Timothy Appling, was found lying on the roadway suffering from a gunshot wound.
He was taken to Cooper University Hospital where he died from his injuries around 8:55 a.m.
An autopsy will be conducted Sunday to determine Appling's cause of death.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to contact Camden County Prosecutor's Office Detective Lance Saunders at (856) 225-8513 or Camden Police Detective Luis Sanchez at (856) 757-7420.
new jersey news, camden county news, camden news, shooting, robbery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police