River Line train crashes into car, killing driver
TRENTON, N.J. - December 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the man who was killed when his car collided with a New Jersey Transit train in Trenton.
The Times of Trenton reports 61-year-old Herman English of Hamilton Township was pronounced dead at the scene of Saturday night's accident. A female passenger was seriously injured, but her name and further details on her condition have not been disclosed.
The cause of the accident, which occurred during a driving snowstorm, remains under investigation.
An NJ Transit spokeswoman has said the car crossed into the path of the train against warning signals in the area of Lalor Street and Route 129. The train slammed into the driver's side of the car and dragged it about 200 feet.
There were no injuries reported among the 28 passengers aboard the train.
Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Times
new jersey news, trenton news, accident, train accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ