River Line train crashes into car, killing driver
TRENTON, N.J. - December 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the man who was killed when his car collided with a New Jersey Transit train in Trenton.
The Times of Trenton reports 61-year-old Herman English of Hamilton Township was pronounced dead at the scene of Saturday night's accident. A female passenger was seriously injured, but her name and further details on her condition have not been disclosed.
The cause of the accident, which occurred during a driving snowstorm, remains under investigation.
An NJ Transit spokeswoman has said the car crossed into the path of the train against warning signals in the area of Lalor Street and Route 129. The train slammed into the driver's side of the car and dragged it about 200 feet.
There were no injuries reported among the 28 passengers aboard the train.
Information from: The (Trenton, N.J.) Times
new jersey news, trenton news, accident, train accident, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 8 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 29 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
8 min ago