Image released of Center City smash-and-grab suspect
PHILADELPHIA - December 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested and charged in a string of smash-and-grab burglaries at restaurants in Center City Philadelphia.
Keith McClary, 56, of the 700 block of South Martin Street, was arrested on Saturday.
Earlier this week, surveillance video was released from two of the crimes, showing the suspect - identified as McClary - using a brick to break glass doors.
The suspect would then enter and steal from the cash register before fleeing.
Police say officers from the 9th District stopped McClary in the 300 block of South 19th Street, saying he matched the description of the suspect.
A search warrant was served at his home and, police say, they recovered a jacket matching the one worn by the suspect in the video.
McClary is charged with burglary and related offenses for the following incdients:
-December 1, 2013 at the Palm Tree Gourmet at 1940 Pine Street
-December 7, 2013 at Omega Pizza at 2145 South Street
-December 8, 2013 at Honey's Restaurant at 2101 South Street
-December 9, 2013 at Gavin's Café at 2536 Pine Street.
philadelphia news, robbery, burglary, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 38 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 41 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 5 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 39 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
38 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
41 min ago