Image released of Center City smash-and-grab suspect
PHILADELPHIA - December 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man has been arrested and charged in a string of smash-and-grab burglaries at restaurants in Center City Philadelphia.
Keith McClary, 56, of the 700 block of South Martin Street, was arrested on Saturday.
Earlier this week, surveillance video was released from two of the crimes, showing the suspect - identified as McClary - using a brick to break glass doors.
The suspect would then enter and steal from the cash register before fleeing.
Police say officers from the 9th District stopped McClary in the 300 block of South 19th Street, saying he matched the description of the suspect.
A search warrant was served at his home and, police say, they recovered a jacket matching the one worn by the suspect in the video.
McClary is charged with burglary and related offenses for the following incdients:
-December 1, 2013 at the Palm Tree Gourmet at 1940 Pine Street
-December 7, 2013 at Omega Pizza at 2145 South Street
-December 8, 2013 at Honey's Restaurant at 2101 South Street
-December 9, 2013 at Gavin's Café at 2536 Pine Street.
philadelphia news, robbery, burglary, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha... 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
44 min ago