Father, son killed in Garden State Parkway crash
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - December 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man and his adult son were killed when their sport utility vehicle crashed on the Garden State Parkway.
But it's not yet clear what caused the accident, which occurred near Exit 44 in Galloway Township and was reported around 2:35 a.m. Saturday.
State police say it appears the SUV left the roadway along the left shoulder and then re-entered the highway. It then rotated clockwise and went off the road again, eventually hitting several trees and rolling onto the driver's side.
Two Linwood residents - 53-year-old James Friedrich and his 22-year-old son, Justin - were pronounced dead at the scene. But authorities have not said which man was driving the SUV.
It did not appear that any other vehicles were involved in the accident.
new jersey news, atlantic county news, accident, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 13 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
9 min ago