Father, son killed in Garden State Parkway crash
GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP, N.J. - December 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- A southern New Jersey man and his adult son were killed when their sport utility vehicle crashed on the Garden State Parkway.
But it's not yet clear what caused the accident, which occurred near Exit 44 in Galloway Township and was reported around 2:35 a.m. Saturday.
State police say it appears the SUV left the roadway along the left shoulder and then re-entered the highway. It then rotated clockwise and went off the road again, eventually hitting several trees and rolling onto the driver's side.
Two Linwood residents - 53-year-old James Friedrich and his 22-year-old son, Justin - were pronounced dead at the scene. But authorities have not said which man was driving the SUV.
It did not appear that any other vehicles were involved in the accident.
new jersey news, atlantic county news, accident, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 34 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
6 min ago