Fatal NJ mall carjacking victim named; SUV found
SHORT HILLS, N.J. - December 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors have identified the victim in a fatal carjacking outside an upscale New Jersey shopping mall.
Authorities in Essex County say 30-year-old Hoboken resident Dustin Friedland was shot in the parking garage of The Mall at Short Hills after 9 p.m. Sunday. He was pronounced dead at a hospital shortly before midnight.
Friedland's wife was with him during the shooting but was not wounded.
Police say two men drove off in the couple's silver Range Rover. The SUV was found Monday morning in Newark, on a residential street in the city's southern section a few blocks from Interstate 78, about eight miles from the mall.
The carjackers are still at large.
A local anti-crime organization is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to their arrest and conviction.
new jersey news, shooting, carjacking, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 3 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 38 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
3 min ago