Identity released of school bus driver charged with DUI
UNIVERSITY CITY - December 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- A school bus driver has been charged with DUI following an accident in the University City section of Philadelphia.
Police say it was around 5:20 p.m. Monday when the school bus struck a vehicle while merging on the 600 block of University Avenue.
An 18th district officer pulled over the YellowBird school bus following the accident. Police say that the driver, identified as 52-year-old Dwayne Holden, slurred his speech, smelled of alcohol, and there were unopened beer cans in the bus.
Holden was taken into custody and later charged with Driving Under the Influence.
There were no students on the bus at the time of the incident. Though, it is not clear if students were dropped off prior to the accident.
philadelphia news, university city, DUI, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos