Car fire slows traffic on I-95 in Holmesburg
HOLMESBURG - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car fire slowed traffic Tuesday morning on I-95 in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday on the southbound side between the Academy Road and Cottman Avenue exits.
Images from Sky6 showed flames engulfing the engine area of a light-colored sedan.
No fire department activity was observed in the area as the fire continued to burn for 20 minutes or more.
The right lanes of southbound I-95 were blocked, causing an extensive traffic backup at the height of the morning rush hour.
There was no immediate word of injuries.
philadelphia news, fire, accident, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 28 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 6 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
28 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
6 min ago