Car fire slows traffic on I-95 in Holmesburg
HOLMESBURG - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A car fire slowed traffic Tuesday morning on I-95 in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday on the southbound side between the Academy Road and Cottman Avenue exits.
Images from Sky6 showed flames engulfing the engine area of a light-colored sedan.
No fire department activity was observed in the area as the fire continued to burn for 20 minutes or more.
The right lanes of southbound I-95 were blocked, causing an extensive traffic backup at the height of the morning rush hour.
There was no immediate word of injuries.
philadelphia news, fire, accident, northeast philadelphia news, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police