Police: Suspect wanted for armed robbery in Kensington
PHILADELPHIA - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a suspect who allegedly robbed a man in the city's Kensington section.
The incident happened back on December 1st in the 1400 block of North Howard Street.
According to police, the victim, a 29-year-old man was approached by the suspect who was armed with a handgun.
They say the suspect threatened the victim and demanded money.
He then fled with the victim's iPhone and a wallet containing $60 in cash, credit cards and identification, police say.
He was last seen going south on Howard Street toward Master Street.
The suspect is described as a black male, dark complexion, 25-35 years-of-age, 5"8"-5-10" tall and 170 pounds.
He was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
robbery, philadelphia news, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 47 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 45 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 46 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose