Burlington County Verizon store robbery caught on camera
WESTAMPTON, N.J. - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Burlington County are asking for the public's help in identifying an armed robbery suspect who was caught on camera.
At 7:46 p.m. Saturday, Westampton police were called to the Verizon Wireless Store on the 1800 block of Burlington-Mount Holly Road for the report of an armed man.
Upon arrival, patrol units spoke with the store manager who stated a man wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, khaki pants, a ski mask, and white Nike sneakers charged into the store wielding a handgun.
The man demanded to know where the Apple iPhones were located.
Once the manager advised him that all the Apple iPhones were located, he then instructed him to take all of the $20 bills out of the register and place them in a pillow case he had.
Once all of the money was in the pillowcase the suspect demanded the store manager to escort him to where the iPhones were located.
The suspect demanded that the manager fill the pillow case with all of the Apple iPhone 5s. Once the iPhones were placed in the pillowcase the suspect ran out the back of the store and into a nearby neighborhood.
The suspect fled the scene with several Apple iPhones and a undetermined amount of cash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Westampton Police Detectives at (609)-267-3000.
new jersey news, burlington county news, verizon, robbery, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!