Prominent Philadelphia attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
PHILADELPHIA - December 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned that longtime Philadelphia attorney A. Charles Peruto Sr. has died.
For decades, Peruto represented clients in some of the region's most notable cases.
Many of the lawyers who knew him say he was one of the area's best.
Peruto, Sr. had been ill for the last six months and he died earlier in the day Tuesday.
A. Charles Peruto was 86-years-old.
philadelphia news, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases