Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A large water main break has created a river of ice and water down a street in Cherry Hill, New Jersey early Wednesday morning.
The water began gushing on the eastbound lanes of Route 70 near Cornell Avenue.
Police tell Action News that two lanes are closed and a third lane may also close while crews repair the break.
Salt trucks are on the scene to help water crews with the ice conditions.
The water main break is near a major retail area.
Shoppers and motorists can expect delays.
cherry hill news, water main break, new jersey news, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 11 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 8 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 50 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ