Man robbed at gunpoint in North Phila., suspect sought
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking to identify the suspects who robbed a man in North Philadelphia.
At 2:19 a.m. on December 10, 2013, officers responded to a robbery in the area of 18th and Montgomery Avenue.
The 37-year-old victim tells police he was with the suspect at 1001 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard earlier in the night. The two got into a burgundy vehicle and drove to 18th and Montgomery Avenue where a second suspect got into the backseat of the vehicle and placed what felt like a gun to the back of the victim's head.
After having his money, wallet, cell phone and sun glasses taken, the victim got out of the vehicle and fled the area.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 6'0"-6'1", medium build, 230 pounds, goatee, wearing a light colored hooded jacket, white shirt, dark colored blue jeans and tan boots.
The victim couldn't give a detailed description of the second suspect, only telling police that it was a black male.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
north philadelphia news, philadelphia news, robbery, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 42 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1